CRM Step By Step
Email Marketing Step By Step
Here are some step by step instructions for creating an Email Template and Emailing it to a group of contacts.
- You need to be set up as a User in Outlook first.
- Go to Tools->Maintain Templates.
- Select Document Type as Email.
- Click Create New Template.
- Give the new template a name eg specialoffer.txt
- Select the template you just created from the list.
- Click Edit Template.
- This will display the email template in notepad. the text you see is HTML.
- Part of it will look like this.
Dear @title @firstname @lastname <br><br> <br><br> <br><br> <br><br> Thank you.<br><br>
- You can edit the template to add the words you want to send and a subject eg
subject='special discount offer' Dear @title @firstname @lastname <br><br> <br><br> We are pleased to tell you that we are offering a discount of 50% on all products during November. <br><br> Thank you.<br><br>
- You can add up to 3 attachments to the Email Template by adding lines like this...
attachment='c:\prices.pdf' attachment2='c:\sale.pdf' attachment3='c:\aboutus.pdf'
- (The file(s) need to be available on the PC you are sending emails from).
To add a logo to the Email Template, you can add a HTML Image tag such as
<img src="http://www.amphis-software.com/pics/example.png" />
- (The image must be stored on a public internet site such as your web site. See Add Logo to Email Template)
- Then save and close the file.
- Close the Maintain Templates form.
- Select the Mail Merge menu and click Email Merge.
- Click All Customers.
- Click Unselect All as we don't initially want to send or preview for all customers until we have checked how the Email looks.
- Select just one customer as we want to preview the Email for just one customer initially.
- Select your template you just created from the list.
- Click Preview.
- This will display the Email as it would be sent.
- Close the Email.
- If you are happy with the way the Email looks, you can select some or all of the customers and click Generate and Send. If you want to make some changes, you can go back to Tools->Maintain Templates and make further changes.
- We would recommend sending to a few customers at a time initially to see how your ISP handles sending multiple emails. Some ISPs will prevent more than a certain number of emails being sent at a time. By default there will be a 1 second delay between sending each Email. You can change this in Options->Preferences if you click on the Email Merge tab.
- Emails will be sent from your default Outlook account.
- If you are sending a large number of Emails it will lock the app until the Emails are all sent so we would suggest running one copy of the app just for sending the Bulk Emails and run another copy of the app so you can carry on with your normal work.
Back to List of Step By Step Instructions Topics.
To download a Free 60 Day trial of Amphis Customer CRM, you can click the Download button below.